Well who would have guessed after everything what a year 2022 would be for Celtic-Punk music. Loads of great music headed our way including pretty much all the big hitters releasing albums as well as several debuts that were all just as good as the established bands!
For ourselves we published a whopping 145 articles and our readership rose 5% on top of last years 9%. Our popular monthly Odds’n’Sods feature now makes us the only place to regularly find out what’s going on in the Celtic-Punk world. We get fantastic feedback from bands but then that’s to be expected isn’t it but it’s what you the readers think that is far more important to us so continue to let us know.
If you want to see the site grow then why not put finger to keyboard yourself and submit something you think we’d enjoy. If it interests you then it will interest us. We’re always looking for help with reviews if that’s something you think you can help with. You don’t have to be a genius to do this or know where to put a semicolon just have a bit of passion. Finally before we get on with it a big happy new year to all the contributors and readers to the site and all the bands and folk who make the scene what it is.
TOP TEN COUNTRIES VIEWING
Pretty much the same as last year and the previous few years too!!(2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021 in brackets)
1. United Kingdom ( (1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1)
2. USA (2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2)
3. Ireland (4/7/4/4/5/4/3/3/3)
4. Germany (7/3/3/3/3/3/4/4/4)
5. Canada (6/6/7/8/9/5/5/5/5)
6. Australia (5/4/8/6/7/7/6/8/6)
7. France (3/5/5/5/4/6/7/9/7)
8. Italy (9/10/9/8/9/9/9/7/8)
9. Spain (8/8/6/7/6/8/8/6/10)
10. Belgium (20/21/23/20/23/17/10/13/15)
11. Netherlands 12. Czech Republic 13. Sweden 14. Indonesia 15. Switzerland 16. Finland 17. Hungary 18. Ukraine 19. Japan 20. Russia
TOP TEN REVIEW VIEWED
To go to the relevant article/review simply click on link.
We continue to try to steer the site away from only doing reviews and again this was achieved somewhat and in no small thanks to a great series of contributions from American-Irish writer Kevin Rooney, Buffalo-Irish musician Ray Ball and Andy The Celtic Punk Author up there in Glasgow.
2. THE BLACK TARTAN CLAN – A New Beginning
3. THE KILLIGANS – Dread Naught
4. THE REAL McKENZIES – Float Me Boat
5. THE MEN THEY COULDN’T HANG – Red Kite Rising
8. IAN PROWSE – One Hand On The Starry Plough
9. THE ENDINGS – Completely Pickled
10. PADDY’S PUNK – With Full Horse
TOP TEN MUSIC ARTICLES VIEWED
The Best Of awards was by far the most popular post and also lots of views for the new Frankie McLaughlin single through out the year. We had several great interviews this year with Ted Hutt, Marc Orrell, Richard Balls and Ian Prowse and we’d like to feature more so if you’ve any suggestions write in. We also started the Celtic-Punk Q and A and featured the whole of Ferocious Dog as well as several characters from the scene. The next one will be very soon with members of the Boston Irish band Shadows Of Boston.
1. LONDON CELTIC PUNKS PRESENTS THE BEST OF 2021!
2. FIRST SINGLE FROM FRANKIE McLAUGHLIN’S NEW PROJECT LIPTON’S ORPHANS
3. THE ROCKAWAY REBEL OF THE EASTER RISING – JOHN ‘THE YANK’ KILGALLON
4. IRISH-BORN AND IRISH-AMERICANS; SEPERATED BY COMMON HERITAGE?
5. CELTIC-PUNK Q AND A : FRANKIE McLAUGHLIN
6. LONDON CELTIC PUNKS 2021 READERS CHOICE WINNER ANNOUNCED
7. FEROCIOUS DOG Q AND A : KEN BONSALL
8. FEROCIOUS DOG Q AND A : DAN BOOTH
9. THE POGUES LIVE IN LYON 1986 THIRTY-SIX YEARS AGO TODAY!
10. CELTIC-PUNK LIVE AND LOUD IN DEPTFORD
2013 STATISTICS * 2014 STATISTICS * 2015 STATISTICS * 2016 STATISTICS * 2017 STATISTICS * 2018 STATISTICS * 2019 THE STATISTICS * 2020 THE STATISTICS *2021 STATISTICS *
You can subscribe to the blog and receive a notification for each post by clicking on the logo at the top of the page and, depending how your viewing this, by clicking on the ‘Follow’ button either on the left hand side or scroll down after the posts.